The USDA Food and Nutrition Service’s Farm To School team has just announced their lineup for 11 webinars aimed to help build farm to school knowledge and practice. The regional lead in our northeast region is Danielle Fleury.
From the website:
USDA Farm to School staff and guest speakers have just what you need to start or expand your farm to school program in the new year. This 11-part webinar series will help you build your farm to school skills and develop new strategies for bringing local foods into the lunchroom. Join us for tips and insights on topics like building a team, menu planning, program sustainability, and more! New this year: earn SNA Continuing Education Units for each webinar attended.
To join us live, register here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YMTTVNK. All times listed are EST.
- Farm to School Planning and Building a Team, January 15, 2:00 pm
- Setting Goals and Establishing an Evaluation Baseline, January 28, 2:00 pm
- Finding and Buying Local Foods, February 5, 2:00 pm
- Farm to School Menu Planning, February 19, 2:00 pm
- Food Safety, March 5, 2:00 pm
- Promoting Your Farm to School Program, March 19, 2:00 pm
- School Gardening, April 2, 2:00 pm
- Curriculum Integration, April 16, 2:00 pm
- Program Sustainability, April 30, 2:00 pm
- Evaluating Your Program, May 13, 2:00 pm
- Tying it All Together and Digging In, May 28, 2:00 pm